Obama Seen as Worst President Since World War IItags: Obama
A new Quinnipiac poll finds President Obama is the worst president since World War II.
Key findings: 33% of American voters say Obama is the worst while another 28% pick George W. Bush.
Voters also say America would be better off if Mitt Romney had won the 2012 presidential election by a 45% to 38% margin.
Morning Line: "That the two most recent presidents rate as the two worst seems to suggest that evaluations by Americans are strongly influenced by what is right in front of them. Putting more weight on short-term memory over long-term historical context has big potential flaws. As presidential historian Michael Beschloss has cautioned previously, it is wise to wait a few decades before passing judgment on a president's record."
comments powered by Disqus
- In a county that tried to amend U.S. history course, a lesson in politics
- Overhauling La Guardia, an Airport With a Historical Name but a Tarnished Image
- Now it can be told: The weakening of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 is the crowning achievement of GOP partisans who detested the law
- Japanese textbooks may sanitize history, but comic art books don't
- Novels About Real-Life Women Are Saving Forgotten History
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success