Obama Seen as Worst President Since World War IItags: Obama
A new Quinnipiac poll finds President Obama is the worst president since World War II.
Key findings: 33% of American voters say Obama is the worst while another 28% pick George W. Bush.
Voters also say America would be better off if Mitt Romney had won the 2012 presidential election by a 45% to 38% margin.
Morning Line: "That the two most recent presidents rate as the two worst seems to suggest that evaluations by Americans are strongly influenced by what is right in front of them. Putting more weight on short-term memory over long-term historical context has big potential flaws. As presidential historian Michael Beschloss has cautioned previously, it is wise to wait a few decades before passing judgment on a president's record."
comments powered by Disqus
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Richmond split over Confederate history
- The World's Jewish Population Is Nearing Pre-Holocaust Levels
- Bernie Sanders’s Revolutionary Roots Were Nurtured in ’60s Vermont
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing