Obama Seen as Worst President Since World War IItags: Obama
A new Quinnipiac poll finds President Obama is the worst president since World War II.
Key findings: 33% of American voters say Obama is the worst while another 28% pick George W. Bush.
Voters also say America would be better off if Mitt Romney had won the 2012 presidential election by a 45% to 38% margin.
Morning Line: "That the two most recent presidents rate as the two worst seems to suggest that evaluations by Americans are strongly influenced by what is right in front of them. Putting more weight on short-term memory over long-term historical context has big potential flaws. As presidential historian Michael Beschloss has cautioned previously, it is wise to wait a few decades before passing judgment on a president's record."
comments powered by Disqus
- Egyptian ‘Mona Lisa’ A Fake
- The Story Behind ‘Woman in Gold’: Nazi Art Thieves and One Painting’s Return
- Scott Walker, Allergic to Dogs, May Run Against Political History
- Russian History Receives a Makeover That Starts With Ivan the Terrible
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Joan Waugh on Grant's and Lee's 'gentlemen's agreement' ending the Civil War
- Charlatan or Sage? Contested Legacy of the late Dr. Ben, a Father of African Studies
- Historians make it easy for visitors to DC to understand the history of the Mall
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science