Amsterdam revolts against United States architect Daniel Libeskind Holocaust memorialBreaking News
tags: architecture, Libeskind
Amsterdam residents fearing the loss of a popular park have rejected a multi-million-euro Holocaust memorial by famed US architect Daniel Libeskind, forcing officials to rethink the plan.
A district council in the city voted on Tuesday to send the project back to the drawing board after residents complained that the city had backed the project without having properly consulted them.
"We're not opposed to the idea of building a monument, it's a good idea in itself, but it makes no sense building it here. The park's just too small," local resident Marja Ham told AFP.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian