Robert M. Grant, influential historian of ancient Christianity, 1917-2014tags: Robert M. Grant
Robert McQueen Grant, whose incisive studies of ancient Christianity made him one of his field’s most influential scholars, died June 10 at his home in Hyde Park. He was 96.
Grant was the Carl Darling Buck Professor Emeritus of New Testament and Early Christian Literature at the University of Chicago Divinity School, where he taught from 1953 until his retirement in 1988.
A prolific and widely respected theologian, Grant wrote more than 30 books and numerous articles over a career that spanned more than six decades.
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar