Historian named president of Kentucky CollegeHistorians in the News
tags: Monmouth College, Clarence Wyatt
Monmouth College in Illinois has announced the appointment of Dr. Clarence Wyatt as its 14th president, effective July 1. Wyatt currently serves as Pottinger Professor of History, chief planning officer and special assistant to the president at Centre College, where he is an alumnus and has been a part of the campus community for four decades.
“We are thrilled and excited for Clarence and have high hopes about this opportunity to lead a fine sister institution,” said Centre President John Roush.
“There really have not been many areas or people that Clarence hasn’t touched in a positive way at Centre,” Roush added. “He has inspired a generation of students in a career filled with distinction and achievement. We will miss him, and we wish him the best in his new career as president of Monmouth College.” ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81
- History professor gives Pittsburgh, PA columnist an “F” for a op ed on slavery
- Sharon Ullman says the work of historians is becoming increasingly invisible