Historian named president of Kentucky CollegeHistorians in the News
tags: Monmouth College, Clarence Wyatt
Monmouth College in Illinois has announced the appointment of Dr. Clarence Wyatt as its 14th president, effective July 1. Wyatt currently serves as Pottinger Professor of History, chief planning officer and special assistant to the president at Centre College, where he is an alumnus and has been a part of the campus community for four decades.
“We are thrilled and excited for Clarence and have high hopes about this opportunity to lead a fine sister institution,” said Centre President John Roush.
“There really have not been many areas or people that Clarence hasn’t touched in a positive way at Centre,” Roush added. “He has inspired a generation of students in a career filled with distinction and achievement. We will miss him, and we wish him the best in his new career as president of Monmouth College.” ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea