Attorney: Julius Nyang’oro to cooperate with investigation of UNC academic fraudHistorians in the News
tags: Julius Nyang’oro, UNC-Chapel Hill
The academic chairman at the center of the long-running academic fraud at UNC-Chapel Hill is now cooperating with an investigation led by Kenneth Wainstein, according to his attorney.
“Dr. (Julius) Nyang’oro has given his full and complete cooperation to the investigation being conducted by the independent counsel,” said attorney Bill Thomas of Durham.
Nyang’oro faces a criminal fraud charge related to the scandal for accepting $12,000 in special summer pay for a 2011 class that didn’t meet. Thomas has said his client did not commit a crime and would fight the charge if the case went to trial.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why You Should Feel Free to Ignore Polls for a Few Weeks
- Neanderthals in Germany Went Extinct Right After Population Peak
- A Worker Broke a Window at Yale and Shed Light on History
- Which Barack Obama speech is the one for the history books?
- A Brief History Of Spousal Speeches At Political Conventions