Finding Inspiration for a Civil Rights Museumtags: Civil Rights Museum
To David Rockwell, the president of the Rockwell Group, which designed its exhibition spaces, the center stands out because it aims to capture the experience of Jim Crow South rather than just collect artifacts from it.
“It’s about creating a sense of that world, and immersing yourself in it,” he said.
To do so, though, he looked at many an artifact when he toured Atlanta and museums in other parts of the country...
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic