Finding Inspiration for a Civil Rights MuseumHistorians in the News
tags: Civil Rights Museum
To David Rockwell, the president of the Rockwell Group, which designed its exhibition spaces, the center stands out because it aims to capture the experience of Jim Crow South rather than just collect artifacts from it.
“It’s about creating a sense of that world, and immersing yourself in it,” he said.
To do so, though, he looked at many an artifact when he toured Atlanta and museums in other parts of the country...
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments