Finding Inspiration for a Civil Rights Museumtags: Civil Rights Museum
To David Rockwell, the president of the Rockwell Group, which designed its exhibition spaces, the center stands out because it aims to capture the experience of Jim Crow South rather than just collect artifacts from it.
“It’s about creating a sense of that world, and immersing yourself in it,” he said.
To do so, though, he looked at many an artifact when he toured Atlanta and museums in other parts of the country...
comments powered by Disqus
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome