Oliver North Of All People Blasts Obama For Financing Terrorist Orgs In Bergdahl Swap
Naturally, Lt. Col. Oliver North has plenty to say about the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.
North, the former Reagan aide-turned-conservative commentator best-known for his central role in the Iran-Contra scandal in the 1980s, was on a mission Tuesday to hand down his indictment of the prisoner swap that secured Bergdahl's rescue.
Speaking to former Rep. J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ) on his Newsmax program, North demanded to know if a ransom was paid to terrorists in order to execute the swap.
“Was there a ransom paid?" North said. "Did the government of the United States, either directly or indirectly, finance a terrorist organization?”
North went even further in an interview with Newsmax host Steve Malzberg.
He strongly disputed the characterization of Bergdahl as a "prisoner of war," asserting that he was in fact a "hostage" of the Haqqani terrorist network, which is allied with the Taliban.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian and raconteur Raychauduri dies in UK
- Group is drawing attention to the historic swath between Gettysburg and Monticello
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis