Dissident tells leaders to stop honoring Chinese leaders until they admit Tiananmen Massacretags: Tiananmen Square
The Communist Party of China is trying to expunge the historical record of the Tiananmen Square Massacre and will not admit to the evil that was done against its own citizens, Chinese dissident activist Chen Guangcheng said.
"Twenty-five years later, instead of admitting its evils and facing history, the Communist Party of China continues to cover it all up, and continues its one-party dictatorship. Calls for justice have still not been answered. The criminals who ordered the crackdown have still not been held accountable. This is a deep grief for the Chinese people. This is a grief for the whole world," he said.
Guangcheng delivered the speech at the American Enterprise Institute Tuesday for an event marking Wednesday's 25th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Massacre.
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate