Dissident tells leaders to stop honoring Chinese leaders until they admit Tiananmen MassacreBreaking News
tags: Tiananmen Square
The Communist Party of China is trying to expunge the historical record of the Tiananmen Square Massacre and will not admit to the evil that was done against its own citizens, Chinese dissident activist Chen Guangcheng said.
"Twenty-five years later, instead of admitting its evils and facing history, the Communist Party of China continues to cover it all up, and continues its one-party dictatorship. Calls for justice have still not been answered. The criminals who ordered the crackdown have still not been held accountable. This is a deep grief for the Chinese people. This is a grief for the whole world," he said.
Guangcheng delivered the speech at the American Enterprise Institute Tuesday for an event marking Wednesday's 25th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Massacre.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”