Dissident tells leaders to stop honoring Chinese leaders until they admit Tiananmen MassacreBreaking News
tags: Tiananmen Square
The Communist Party of China is trying to expunge the historical record of the Tiananmen Square Massacre and will not admit to the evil that was done against its own citizens, Chinese dissident activist Chen Guangcheng said.
"Twenty-five years later, instead of admitting its evils and facing history, the Communist Party of China continues to cover it all up, and continues its one-party dictatorship. Calls for justice have still not been answered. The criminals who ordered the crackdown have still not been held accountable. This is a deep grief for the Chinese people. This is a grief for the whole world," he said.
Guangcheng delivered the speech at the American Enterprise Institute Tuesday for an event marking Wednesday's 25th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Massacre.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"