Police in Northern Ireland to seek entire Boston College tape archiveHistorians in the News
tags: Boston College, Belfast Project
Related Link Eric Holder Can Stop Out Of Control PSNI (Blog by Ed Moloney)
Police in Northern Ireland are to seek the entirety of the controversial US oral history project that detectives relied upon to quiz Sinn Fein’s Gerry Adams about a notorious IRA murder.
The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) last year won a legal battle to secure taped interviews with former paramilitaries contained in the Boston College Belfast Project that specifically referred to the killing of mother of 10 Jean McConville in 1972.
But the material handed over only accounted for a small portion of the entire archive.
comments powered by Disqus
- When did higher education become partisan?
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97