Police in Northern Ireland to seek entire Boston College tape archivetags: Boston College, Belfast Project
Related Link Eric Holder Can Stop Out Of Control PSNI (Blog by Ed Moloney)
Police in Northern Ireland are to seek the entirety of the controversial US oral history project that detectives relied upon to quiz Sinn Fein’s Gerry Adams about a notorious IRA murder.
The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) last year won a legal battle to secure taped interviews with former paramilitaries contained in the Boston College Belfast Project that specifically referred to the killing of mother of 10 Jean McConville in 1972.
But the material handed over only accounted for a small portion of the entire archive.
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)