Boston College tapes: NBC launches legal bidHistorians in the News
tags: Boston College, Belfast Project
The American news network, NBC, has made a formal request to have transcripts from Boston College's Belfast Project released.
Its news investigations team made the application to a US Judge, William Young, who is one of the few people to have read the entire archive.
Information from the recordings has led to a series of arrests, including that of Sinn Féin president Gerry Adams.
The project was designed as an oral history of the Troubles.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Historians on What Will Be Said About President Obama's Legacy
- Harvard art historian James S. Ackerman Dies at 97
- Obama’s Legacy as a Historian
- Jack Rakove tells League of Women Voters Electoral College needs to be abolished
- Juan Cole says Chelsea Manning’s leaks contributed to the revolution in Tunisia