Boston College tapes: NBC launches legal bidtags: Boston College, Belfast Project
The American news network, NBC, has made a formal request to have transcripts from Boston College's Belfast Project released.
Its news investigations team made the application to a US Judge, William Young, who is one of the few people to have read the entire archive.
Information from the recordings has led to a series of arrests, including that of Sinn Féin president Gerry Adams.
The project was designed as an oral history of the Troubles.
comments powered by Disqus
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)
- Ted Widmer picks the 5 best presidential books worth reading
- AHA backs California's LGBT History law