Historian Running for Congress in KansasHistorians in the News
tags: Congress, Kansas, Jim Sherow
A Kansas State University history professor and former Manhattan mayor has filed for the Democratic primary in the state's 1st Congressional District.
Jim Sherow (shuh-ROH') filed the paperwork Wednesday to put his name on the Aug. 5 ballot. The seat is currently held by conservative Republican Rep. Tim Huelskamp, who is seeking a third term.
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz