President James A. Garfield Monument in Lakeview Cemetery burglarized, commemorative spoons stolentags: President James A. Garfield Monument, Lakeview Cemetery
Someone broke into the President James A. Garfield Monument in Lakeview Cemetery and stole commemorative spoons, police reports say.
The burglars on Wednesday shattered a window to the monument and resting place of the 20th U.S. president to get inside the building just off Mayfield Road.
comments powered by Disqus
- Most Millennials Resist the ‘Millennial’ Label
- Isis profits from destruction of antiquities by selling relics to dealers – and then blowing up the buildings they come from to conceal the evidence of looting
- China military parade commemorates WW2 victory over Japan
- New documentary explores the legacy of the 5,000 Rosenwald schools set up by a Sears magnate and Booker T. Washington
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- Historian Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham wins National Humanities Medal
- AHA President Vicki L. Ruiz named National Humanities Medalist
- Historians of Color Are Revolutionizing the Narrative of ‘American Exceptionalism’
- Henry VIII voted worst monarch in history
- The Fuhrer style: Historian says press coverage of Hitler’s lavish life fueled his rise to power