President James A. Garfield Monument in Lakeview Cemetery burglarized, commemorative spoons stolentags: President James A. Garfield Monument, Lakeview Cemetery
Someone broke into the President James A. Garfield Monument in Lakeview Cemetery and stole commemorative spoons, police reports say.
The burglars on Wednesday shattered a window to the monument and resting place of the 20th U.S. president to get inside the building just off Mayfield Road.
comments powered by Disqus
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- In a county that tried to amend U.S. history course, a lesson in politics
- Overhauling La Guardia, an Airport With a Historical Name but a Tarnished Image
- Now it can be told: The weakening of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 is the crowning achievement of GOP partisans who detested the law
- Japanese textbooks may sanitize history, but comic art books don't
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success