President James A. Garfield Monument in Lakeview Cemetery burglarized, commemorative spoons stolentags: President James A. Garfield Monument, Lakeview Cemetery
Someone broke into the President James A. Garfield Monument in Lakeview Cemetery and stole commemorative spoons, police reports say.
The burglars on Wednesday shattered a window to the monument and resting place of the 20th U.S. president to get inside the building just off Mayfield Road.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Ronald Suny says historians have shied away from exploring the roots of the Armenian genocide for fear of taking attention away from the victims
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History