Lives of the First World War 'digital memorial' goes liveBreaking News
tags: WWI, digital memorial
Four-and-a-half million British army members are already included in the Lives of the First World War project.
But for many entries there is little more information than their names.
Organiser Imperial War Museums (IWM) wants families to add their own photographs, stories and memories to build a "permanent digital memorial".
The records of more than 4.5 million men and 40,000 women who served with the British army overseas are currently listed.
comments powered by Disqus
- 75 Arrested in European Crackdown on Art Trafficking
- A Trump book riddled with falsehoods will no longer be sold by the National History Museum
- 'America First,' a phrase with a loaded anti-Semitic and isolationist history
- These presidents all said they were going to change America. How’d that work out?
- Presidents Have Less Power Over the Economy Than You Might Think