Lives of the First World War 'digital memorial' goes livetags: WWI, digital memorial
Four-and-a-half million British army members are already included in the Lives of the First World War project.
But for many entries there is little more information than their names.
Organiser Imperial War Museums (IWM) wants families to add their own photographs, stories and memories to build a "permanent digital memorial".
The records of more than 4.5 million men and 40,000 women who served with the British army overseas are currently listed.
comments powered by Disqus
- Swastikas, Hate and Confusion
- Obama chooses Chicago to host his presidential library
- Arizona State class on “The Problem of Whiteness” sparks neo-Nazi campaign
- How Curfews Have Changed Through History
- Supreme Court justices called to task for saying institution of marriage hasn't changed in millennia