Lives of the First World War 'digital memorial' goes liveBreaking News
tags: WWI, digital memorial
Four-and-a-half million British army members are already included in the Lives of the First World War project.
But for many entries there is little more information than their names.
Organiser Imperial War Museums (IWM) wants families to add their own photographs, stories and memories to build a "permanent digital memorial".
The records of more than 4.5 million men and 40,000 women who served with the British army overseas are currently listed.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian