Lives of the First World War 'digital memorial' goes liveBreaking News
tags: WWI, digital memorial
Four-and-a-half million British army members are already included in the Lives of the First World War project.
But for many entries there is little more information than their names.
Organiser Imperial War Museums (IWM) wants families to add their own photographs, stories and memories to build a "permanent digital memorial".
The records of more than 4.5 million men and 40,000 women who served with the British army overseas are currently listed.
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations