Final Titanic letter sold for more than $200,000Breaking News
The last letter to be written on the ill-fated Titanic has sold for £119,000 at auction.
It was written by survivors Esther Hart and her seven-year-old daughter Eva eight hours before the Belfast-built ship hit an iceberg and sank in 1912.
The letter was to her mother in east London and only survived as it was in the pocket of Mrs Hart's husband's coat which he gave her to keep warm.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past