Final Titanic letter sold for more than $200,000Breaking News
The last letter to be written on the ill-fated Titanic has sold for £119,000 at auction.
It was written by survivors Esther Hart and her seven-year-old daughter Eva eight hours before the Belfast-built ship hit an iceberg and sank in 1912.
The letter was to her mother in east London and only survived as it was in the pocket of Mrs Hart's husband's coat which he gave her to keep warm.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments