So Cliven Bundy never said blacks might have been better off under slavery?
Here is the video of Cliven Bundy's racist tirade, in which he questioned whether black Americans were "better off as slaves" or "better off under government subsidy." His remarks initially appeared in a New York Timesarticle on April 23.
Bundy was heavily praised by conservatives in the media, who lauded his standoff with the federal government.
comments powered by Disqus
- 'Sexist' Paris streets renamed in the name of feminism
- NYT profiles a path-breaking transgender pioneer who became a judge
- CIA Plans Huge Release of Top-Secret Reports From the 1960s
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans
- Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh plan to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”