All Russian World War I Documents Available Online
More than 300,000 documents from Russian military archives on World War I have been made available online, a senior archivist said Monday.
The archival military records have been digitized and entered into a database on the website of the Military Historical Archive, said Andrei Artizov, head of the Federal Archive Agency.
"Not a single record is being kept secret," Artizov said, Interfax reported. "Access it from Paris, Vilnius, Warsaw — wherever you want."
comments powered by Disqus
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean