Postal Service to issue forever stamp commemorating Harvey MilkBreaking News
tags: Harvey Milk
Harvey Milk, the slain politician who became an icon of equal rights not just for the gay community in San Francisco but across the nation, will be commemorated in a forever stamp next month, the U.S. Postal Service announced Tuesday.
The stamp's issue will coincide with Milk's birthday on May 22. The stamps will be available in sheets of 20 and may be pre-ordered.
The image on the stamp comes from a circa-1977 photo taken by Daniel Nicoletta of Milk in front of Castro Street Camera in San Francisco. Antonio Alcalá of Alexandria, Va., oversaw art direction for the stamp.
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations