Postal Service to issue forever stamp commemorating Harvey Milktags: Harvey Milk
Harvey Milk, the slain politician who became an icon of equal rights not just for the gay community in San Francisco but across the nation, will be commemorated in a forever stamp next month, the U.S. Postal Service announced Tuesday.
The stamp's issue will coincide with Milk's birthday on May 22. The stamps will be available in sheets of 20 and may be pre-ordered.
The image on the stamp comes from a circa-1977 photo taken by Daniel Nicoletta of Milk in front of Castro Street Camera in San Francisco. Antonio Alcalá of Alexandria, Va., oversaw art direction for the stamp.
comments powered by Disqus
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?