Harvard historian Nancy Koehn on the ever-evolving Gloria Steinemtags: feminism, Gloria Steinem
Today Gloria Steinem turns 80. For fifty of those years she has been the face of feminism. If you give Steinem's life a cursory review the highlight reel will likely include
- Going undercover as a Playboy Bunny for Show magazine
- Co-founding Ms. Magazine
- Her undeniable beauty
- Popularizing the phrase "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"
- Fighting for equal rights, reproductive rights, and labor rights...
Today, on Boston Public Radio, Nancy Koehn spoke with host Jim Braude and Margery Eagan about why Steinem has been such an appealing person to so many people over the years. She also breaks down Steinem's unique leadership skills, which include empathy, a hard-hitting message, never losing the big picture and knowing what it takes to stay relevant....
comments powered by Disqus
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- In Osama bin Laden Library: Illuminati and Bob Woodward
- ISIS Fighters Seize Control of Syrian City of Palmyra, and Ancient Ruins
- A Black Man Hangs a White Supremacist: Tyler Shields’s Charged Photography
- Skulls Suggest Violence Used as a Tool of Political Control