Harvard historian Nancy Koehn on the ever-evolving Gloria SteinemHistorians in the News
tags: feminism, Gloria Steinem
Today Gloria Steinem turns 80. For fifty of those years she has been the face of feminism. If you give Steinem's life a cursory review the highlight reel will likely include
- Going undercover as a Playboy Bunny for Show magazine
- Co-founding Ms. Magazine
- Her undeniable beauty
- Popularizing the phrase "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"
- Fighting for equal rights, reproductive rights, and labor rights...
Today, on Boston Public Radio, Nancy Koehn spoke with host Jim Braude and Margery Eagan about why Steinem has been such an appealing person to so many people over the years. She also breaks down Steinem's unique leadership skills, which include empathy, a hard-hitting message, never losing the big picture and knowing what it takes to stay relevant....
comments powered by Disqus
- If "The Donald" Said It Happened, It Happened! And Don't You Forget It!
- Solved: the mystery of Britain’s Bronze Age mummies
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything