Harvard historian Nancy Koehn on the ever-evolving Gloria Steinemtags: feminism, Gloria Steinem
Today Gloria Steinem turns 80. For fifty of those years she has been the face of feminism. If you give Steinem's life a cursory review the highlight reel will likely include
- Going undercover as a Playboy Bunny for Show magazine
- Co-founding Ms. Magazine
- Her undeniable beauty
- Popularizing the phrase "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"
- Fighting for equal rights, reproductive rights, and labor rights...
Today, on Boston Public Radio, Nancy Koehn spoke with host Jim Braude and Margery Eagan about why Steinem has been such an appealing person to so many people over the years. She also breaks down Steinem's unique leadership skills, which include empathy, a hard-hitting message, never losing the big picture and knowing what it takes to stay relevant....
comments powered by Disqus
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed