Gettysburg book wins $50,000 history prizeHistorians in the News
NEW YORK (AP) — A book about the Civil War conflict in Gettysburg has won a $50,000 prize.
Allen C. Guelzo's "Gettysburg: The Last Invasion" has received the inaugural Guggenheim-Lehrman Prize in Military History. The prize's sponsors made the announced Tuesday....
comments powered by Disqus
- Should a slave-era song be used as a sports UK soccer chant?
- Black Georgetown Employee Found Out the School Sold His Great-Great-Great Grandmother
- E.U. Is Turning 60 and Searching for Something to Celebrate
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- Christopher Lasch, the late historian/social commentator, is suddenly everywhere
- Harvard art historian’s interest in black history has roots in her grandfather’s question in high school
- Human History ‘Will End When Men Become Gods’
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder explains to Bill Maher how Trump resembles 1930s fascists — and makes the Russia connection
- China Bars Historian at Australian University From Leaving, Lawyer Says