Gettysburg book wins $50,000 history prizeHistorians in the News
NEW YORK (AP) — A book about the Civil War conflict in Gettysburg has won a $50,000 prize.
Allen C. Guelzo's "Gettysburg: The Last Invasion" has received the inaugural Guggenheim-Lehrman Prize in Military History. The prize's sponsors made the announced Tuesday....
comments powered by Disqus
- Defense Secretary James Mattis tells high school student to study history
- Dunkirk survivors’ terror didn’t end when they were rescued
- Site of Germany’s Biggest World War II Battle in the News
- Champion of the Black Community Is Given Her Rightful Due in Richmond
- CIA Plans to Destroy Some of Its Old Leak Files
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97
- Iran sentences Princeton history grad student to 10 years for spying
- Medievalists, Recoiling From White Supremacy, Try to Diversify the Field