Gettysburg book wins $50,000 history prizeHistorians in the News
NEW YORK (AP) — A book about the Civil War conflict in Gettysburg has won a $50,000 prize.
Allen C. Guelzo's "Gettysburg: The Last Invasion" has received the inaugural Guggenheim-Lehrman Prize in Military History. The prize's sponsors made the announced Tuesday....
comments powered by Disqus
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit