Elite private school forced to apologize to students after serving special Black History Month menu of fried chicken and collard greenstags: Black History Month
An elite private school in
Indianapolis has apologized for serving fried chicken and collard greens
to students as part of a ‘misguided’ attempt to celebrate Black History
students at Park Tudor School said they were hurt and disappointed when
served the meal last Wednesday, supposedly in the name of raising
‘We apologize for what was a clear error in judgment,’ said school officials. ‘We recognize the distress and hurt feelings this has caused within our entire community.’
Administrators said they realized the problem before lunch was served and removed references to Black History Month from the menu, reports the Indianapolis Star....
comments powered by Disqus
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign