Elite private school forced to apologize to students after serving special Black History Month menu of fried chicken and collard greenstags: Black History Month
An elite private school in
Indianapolis has apologized for serving fried chicken and collard greens
to students as part of a ‘misguided’ attempt to celebrate Black History
students at Park Tudor School said they were hurt and disappointed when
served the meal last Wednesday, supposedly in the name of raising
‘We apologize for what was a clear error in judgment,’ said school officials. ‘We recognize the distress and hurt feelings this has caused within our entire community.’
Administrators said they realized the problem before lunch was served and removed references to Black History Month from the menu, reports the Indianapolis Star....
comments powered by Disqus
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Martin Amis’s ‘Zone of Interest’ Makes European Publishers Squirm
- Urban Outfitters Features "Vintage" Red-Stained Kent State Sweatshirt
- Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds
- Do You Have Snippets of the Star-Spangled Banner?