Australian Politician Slams Australian Historian
Australia's leaders have slammed the Australian War Memorial's top historian, Peter Stanley, over his controversial claim that Japanese plans to invade Australia in 1942 were a "myth".
Prime Minister John Howard and Opposition Leader Kim Beazley rejected Dr Stanley's argument.
The historian angered veterans groups with his claim Australia perpetuates the myth through a "pathetic" desire to exaggerate the nation's role in the war.
comments powered by Disqus
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- In Osama bin Laden Library: Illuminati and Bob Woodward
- ISIS Fighters Seize Control of Syrian City of Palmyra, and Ancient Ruins
- A Black Man Hangs a White Supremacist: Tyler Shields’s Charged Photography
- Skulls Suggest Violence Used as a Tool of Political Control