1,000 Bodies Found On University Of Mississippi Land Thought To Be From Old 'Lunatic Asylum'Breaking News
tags: University of Mississippi, mental institutions, mental heath, corpses
It may sound like the beginning of a horror movie, but burial sites found on a college campus have created a potential nightmare for administrators.
While surveying land for a new parking lot at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, officials made a grisly discovery: more than 1,000 bodies thought to have been patients at the old Mississippi State Lunatic Asylum.
The unnamed, century-old graves present a problem for the university, whose expansion plans could be halted over the cost of relocating the bodies....
comments powered by Disqus
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments