Pissarro Painting Sells For $32 Million At Sotheby's In London
LONDON (AP) — A Paris streetscape by Impressionist painter Camille Pissarro has sold for double its top estimate in a week of strong sales at London auction houses.
"Boulevard Monmartre, Spring Morning" from 1897 was bought for 19.9 million pounds ($32.1 million). It had been estimated at 7 to 10 million pounds.
At the same sale Wednesday, Vincent Van Gogh's "Man is at Sea" sold for 16.9 million pounds (27.5 million)....
comments powered by Disqus
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita
- L.A. schools adopt history curriculum from Stanford University
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award