David Bruce Smith Publications LLC to publish history series for kids
David Bruce Smith has a mission: to get young people more interested in American history.
Smith, the scion of a wealthy and prominent family in northern Virginia (his father, Robert H. Smith, was the president of the National Gallery of Art) founded David Bruce Smith Publications LLC in 2003. The company specializes in the production of specialized, limited edition books on historic figures. Smith’s most recent is American Hero: John Marshall, Chief Justice of the United States.
Smith’s latest project is the Grateful American Series™, which is described on his website as “an interactive, multimedia program designed to restore enthusiasm in American history for children,” and will include a radio show, TV series, guidebooks featuring the presidential homes, promotional events, and an interactive website.
>The first episode of the radio show is already available.
comments powered by Disqus
- Economist disputes Nial Ferguson's claim that the Fed is to blame for the stock market’s volatility
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama