Missouri History Museum names ethno-historian as new presidentHistorians in the News
ST. LOUIS • Leaders of the Missouri History Museum said on Tuesday that they had hired a community-builder, savvy political operator and adroit fundraiser when they chose Frances Levine as their next president.
Levine is a New Mexico archaeologist, ethno-historian and longtime museum director, and the first female president of one of the St. Louis region’s five tax-supported cultural institutions.
Levine, 63, was picked with widespread support from the museum’s private nonprofit trustees and publicly appointed commissioners.
She has a doctorate in anthropology from Southern Methodist University, spent years on archaeological digs in the West, and turned Santa Fe’s old Palace of the Governors into the more than 96,000-square-foot, award-winning New Mexico History Museum, which she has run for 12 years....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity