Congress Releases FY 14 Omnibus Spending Bill: What It Means for HistoriansHistorians in the News
The House and Senate Appropriations Committees have released an omnibus spending bill (HR 3547) that would fund the federal government through the rest of fiscal year (FY) 2014. The $1.012 trillion package is expected to pass the Congress by the end of this week. The National Coalition for History (NCH) has created a chart showing the budgets of all major federal agency programs affecting history, archives and education. Note: these numbers are not considered final until the bill passes. Click here to access the chart.
comments powered by Disqus
- Call to help Moroccan historian Maâti Monjib, who has been on hunger strike since 6 October 2015
- Charles Gillispie, trailblazer in the history of science, dies at 97
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State