Congress Releases FY 14 Omnibus Spending Bill: What It Means for HistoriansHistorians in the News
The House and Senate Appropriations Committees have released an omnibus spending bill (HR 3547) that would fund the federal government through the rest of fiscal year (FY) 2014. The $1.012 trillion package is expected to pass the Congress by the end of this week. The National Coalition for History (NCH) has created a chart showing the budgets of all major federal agency programs affecting history, archives and education. Note: these numbers are not considered final until the bill passes. Click here to access the chart.
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide