Congress Releases FY 14 Omnibus Spending Bill: What It Means for Historians
The House and Senate Appropriations Committees have released an omnibus spending bill (HR 3547) that would fund the federal government through the rest of fiscal year (FY) 2014. The $1.012 trillion package is expected to pass the Congress by the end of this week. The National Coalition for History (NCH) has created a chart showing the budgets of all major federal agency programs affecting history, archives and education. Note: these numbers are not considered final until the bill passes. Click here to access the chart.
comments powered by Disqus
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita