Congress Releases FY 14 Omnibus Spending Bill: What It Means for HistoriansHistorians in the News
The House and Senate Appropriations Committees have released an omnibus spending bill (HR 3547) that would fund the federal government through the rest of fiscal year (FY) 2014. The $1.012 trillion package is expected to pass the Congress by the end of this week. The National Coalition for History (NCH) has created a chart showing the budgets of all major federal agency programs affecting history, archives and education. Note: these numbers are not considered final until the bill passes. Click here to access the chart.
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies
- David Courtwright sees 19th-century solution to the current heroin crisis