Cambridge University historian Professor Sir Richard Evans declines offer to sue Michael Gove for libel over 'Blackadder' First World War remarkstags: World War I, Michael Gove, Richard Evans
An eminent Cambridge historian, who is currently embroiled in a row with Michael Gove over how World War I is taught, has declined an offer to sue the Education Secretary for libel today (January 8).
Sir Richard Evans, Regius Professor of History at Cambridge University, claimed on Twitter that a prominent lawyer had offered him support to sue Mr Gove.
He tweeted: “Distinguished London lawyer offers to support me in suing Michael Gove for libel. I decline. It’s a mug’s game, and I don’t have the time.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead