Cambridge University historian Professor Sir Richard Evans declines offer to sue Michael Gove for libel over 'Blackadder' First World War remarkstags: World War I, Michael Gove, Richard Evans
An eminent Cambridge historian, who is currently embroiled in a row with Michael Gove over how World War I is taught, has declined an offer to sue the Education Secretary for libel today (January 8).
Sir Richard Evans, Regius Professor of History at Cambridge University, claimed on Twitter that a prominent lawyer had offered him support to sue Mr Gove.
He tweeted: “Distinguished London lawyer offers to support me in suing Michael Gove for libel. I decline. It’s a mug’s game, and I don’t have the time.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project
- At Auschwitz-Birkenau, Preserving a Site and a Ghastly Inventory