Cambridge University historian Professor Sir Richard Evans declines offer to sue Michael Gove for libel over 'Blackadder' First World War remarksHistorians in the News
tags: World War I, Michael Gove, Richard Evans
An eminent Cambridge historian, who is currently embroiled in a row with Michael Gove over how World War I is taught, has declined an offer to sue the Education Secretary for libel today (January 8).
Sir Richard Evans, Regius Professor of History at Cambridge University, claimed on Twitter that a prominent lawyer had offered him support to sue Mr Gove.
He tweeted: “Distinguished London lawyer offers to support me in suing Michael Gove for libel. I decline. It’s a mug’s game, and I don’t have the time.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Historians on What Will Be Said About President Obama's Legacy
- Harvard art historian James S. Ackerman Dies at 97
- Obama’s Legacy as a Historian
- Jack Rakove tells League of Women Voters Electoral College needs to be abolished
- Juan Cole says Chelsea Manning’s leaks contributed to the revolution in Tunisia