Cambridge University historian Professor Sir Richard Evans declines offer to sue Michael Gove for libel over 'Blackadder' First World War remarksHistorians in the News
tags: World War I, Michael Gove, Richard Evans
An eminent Cambridge historian, who is currently embroiled in a row with Michael Gove over how World War I is taught, has declined an offer to sue the Education Secretary for libel today (January 8).
Sir Richard Evans, Regius Professor of History at Cambridge University, claimed on Twitter that a prominent lawyer had offered him support to sue Mr Gove.
He tweeted: “Distinguished London lawyer offers to support me in suing Michael Gove for libel. I decline. It’s a mug’s game, and I don’t have the time.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations