Cambridge University historian Professor Sir Richard Evans declines offer to sue Michael Gove for libel over 'Blackadder' First World War remarksHistorians in the News
tags: World War I, Michael Gove, Richard Evans
An eminent Cambridge historian, who is currently embroiled in a row with Michael Gove over how World War I is taught, has declined an offer to sue the Education Secretary for libel today (January 8).
Sir Richard Evans, Regius Professor of History at Cambridge University, claimed on Twitter that a prominent lawyer had offered him support to sue Mr Gove.
He tweeted: “Distinguished London lawyer offers to support me in suing Michael Gove for libel. I decline. It’s a mug’s game, and I don’t have the time.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments