The Top Tweeters of #AHA2014Historians in the News
tags: American Historical Association, AHA 2014
David Austin Walsh is the editor of the History News Network. Follow him on Twitter @davidastinwalsh.
Perhaps it's the pot of coffee I made at 1:16am, but I haven't been able to sleep tonight... so I thought I'd do something productive by signing up for a trial version of Tweet Binder and quantifying the top tweets and tweeters at #aha2014.
The data is taken from a sample of 2,000 tweets with the hashtag #aha2014, 2,000 being the upper data limit of Tweet Binder's free trial. Since that only takes us back to Friday evening, I'd guessimate that the total number of tweets is at least double that.
A total of 461 different contributors tweeted, though over half only made one tweet.
And what you've been waiting for: the top ten results are in (note that "highest impact" is calculated by multiplying the number of tweets or RTs [re-tweets] by the number of followers of the contributor; "most popular" is simply the number of followers):
comments powered by Disqus
- Climate Change Used to Be a Bipartisan Issue
- A ‘Saturday Night Massacre’ Veteran Offers Trump Some Advice
- The Long, Painful History of Police Brutality in the U.S.
- The crazy Scaramucci vs. Priebus feud is just as ugly as the LBJ vs. RFK hatefest
- Did Russia kill JFK? Long-secret CIA files show a Russian spy's theory.
- NYT memorializes Thomas Fleming, historian of the Revolution
- Historian Plumbs Tax Records for Patterns of Racial Discrimination
- Alt-right commentator gets 'schooled' by historian over diversity in Roman Britain
- 2 Sinologists say Liu Xiaobo’s Death speaks to a dark vision for China
- Historians plead with Trump not to block the release of final stash of JFK assassination documents