The Top Tweeters of #AHA2014Historians in the News
tags: American Historical Association, AHA 2014
David Austin Walsh is the editor of the History News Network. Follow him on Twitter @davidastinwalsh.
Perhaps it's the pot of coffee I made at 1:16am, but I haven't been able to sleep tonight... so I thought I'd do something productive by signing up for a trial version of Tweet Binder and quantifying the top tweets and tweeters at #aha2014.
The data is taken from a sample of 2,000 tweets with the hashtag #aha2014, 2,000 being the upper data limit of Tweet Binder's free trial. Since that only takes us back to Friday evening, I'd guessimate that the total number of tweets is at least double that.
A total of 461 different contributors tweeted, though over half only made one tweet.
And what you've been waiting for: the top ten results are in (note that "highest impact" is calculated by multiplying the number of tweets or RTs [re-tweets] by the number of followers of the contributor; "most popular" is simply the number of followers):
comments powered by Disqus
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar