The Top Tweeters of #AHA2014Historians in the News
tags: American Historical Association, AHA 2014
David Austin Walsh is the editor of the History News Network. Follow him on Twitter @davidastinwalsh.
Perhaps it's the pot of coffee I made at 1:16am, but I haven't been able to sleep tonight... so I thought I'd do something productive by signing up for a trial version of Tweet Binder and quantifying the top tweets and tweeters at #aha2014.
The data is taken from a sample of 2,000 tweets with the hashtag #aha2014, 2,000 being the upper data limit of Tweet Binder's free trial. Since that only takes us back to Friday evening, I'd guessimate that the total number of tweets is at least double that.
A total of 461 different contributors tweeted, though over half only made one tweet.
And what you've been waiting for: the top ten results are in (note that "highest impact" is calculated by multiplying the number of tweets or RTs [re-tweets] by the number of followers of the contributor; "most popular" is simply the number of followers):
comments powered by Disqus
- USA Today Publishes New Articles As Part Of Series, "1619: Searching for Answers"
- Washington doesn't have a Latino history museum. These people are hoping to change that
- A history of key United Auto Workers strikes against GM
- Fact-checking Andrew Yang on history of universal basic income
- Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
- Historians Allison Horrocks and Mary Mahoney bring history to life in podcast
- Modern art historian, US museum director and clergyman EA Carmean, Jr has died, age 74
- Historian Andrew David Teaching Impeachment during an Impeachment Inquiry
- Historian Brad Simpson Says He's Never Read a Letter As Unhinged As Trump's To Erdogan
- Academic Twitter's Gender Imbalance