China says Abe not welcome after shrine visitBreaking News
tags: World War II, Japan, Yasukuni Shrine
China has said that Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is no longer welcome in China after he visited the controversial Yasukuni war shrine.
"The Chinese people do not welcome him. Now, Abe needs to admit his mistakes to the government and people of China, cut loose from the past and make a new start," said Qin Gang, China's foreign ministry spokesman.
Abe visited the Tokyo shrine last week and sparked anger from China and both Koreas.
Yasukuni enshrines 2.5m people killed in war, including 14 class A war criminals from World War II....
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders