Nazi-looted art found in German parliamentBreaking News
tags: Nazi Germany, art
Art stolen by the Nazis has been found inside Germany’s parliament.
The discovery, made by an art historian, comes as investigations continue following a huge stash of looted art revealed last month, according to Reuters, citing the German newspaper Bild....
The works – an oil painting by Georg Waltenberger dated 1905 and a chalk lithograph by Lovis Corinth – could be two of hundreds of thousands of artworks from museums and individuals that the Nazis stole throughout Europe....
comments powered by Disqus
- Why Trump Would Almost Certainly Be Violating the Constitution If He Continues to Own His Businesses
- Remembering Pearl Harbor Brings ‘Date Which Will Live in Infamy’ to Virtual Reality
- Will Trump back women’s museum?
- New scholarship coming to Mormon lessons, but will instructors really teach it?
- Why the history of slavery in the US South is taking centre stage once again
- Novelist says History classes are our best hope for teaching Americans to question fake news and Donald Trump
- National Book Award winner Ibram X. Kendi is youngest in 30 years in the non-fiction category
- Historian Volker Ullrich’s book on the rise of Hitler is spookily relevant
- People are still talking about historian Mark Lilla’s NYT op ed 2 weeks after it was published
- Rick Perlstein says Trump’s election confirms a paranoid trend in the GOP