Week of November 11, 2013Roundup Top 10!
#1 JFK Was an Unapologetic Liberal
His underrated career as ideological warrior.
THE NEW REPUBLIC
The U.S. Army Discovers Africa
Africa has many needs. Whether it needs the United States bringing to bear a million American soldiers is doubtful.
LOS ANGELES TIMES
Who’s Still Afraid of Interracial Marriage?
Sex between white men and black women has been a feature of this country literally since its inception.
THE NEW YORKER
The Five Best Kennedy Assassination Books
Here are five choices -- some fiction, some non -- for readers this November.
White America and the Burden of Slavery
It is long overdue that whites, collectively, acknowledge, apologize, and condemn slavery.
#6 The Democrats' Worst Nightmare
Barack Obama's second term is on the road to failure.
THE NATIONAL INTEREST
#7 Lee Harvey Oswald Was My Friend
From nearly the moment I met Lee Harvey Oswald, it seemed that he felt the world had sized him up wrong.
NEW YORK TIMES
Obama’s Fallout for the Left
He will not be harmed by his “misspeaking,” but his fellow liberals will.
#9 Bill de Blasio Is Not Afraid of Red Scare Ghosts
The Democratic candidate for New York mayor confronts the dark legacy of a federal employee loyalty program.
#10 Ending a Feud Between Allies
Japan and South Korea's tensions threaten East Asian security.
NEW YORK TIMES
comments powered by Disqus
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German Activists
- Ratko Mladic Is Convicted in 1990s Slaughter of Bosnian Muslims
- Most Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race