Fidel Castro Weighs In On Historic Handshaketags: Fidel Castro
Former Cuban dictator Fidel Castro finally weighed in on the death of his ally Nelson Mandela, in a “Reflection” that addresses the famous handshake between the Cuban and American heads of state at Mandela’s memorial service.
Retired from public life since he fell ill in 2006, pauses in Castro’s periodic columns published in the island’s state media often raise eyebrows among those wondering about the state of his health.
Castro broke his silence Wednesday night with a column that praised Mandela and excoriated the European colonial powers for creating Apartheid and the United States for supporting it during the Cold War....
comments powered by Disqus
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project