CSU-Pueblo faculty rallies against cutstags: higher education, protests
Dozens of Colorado State University-Pueblo faculty and supporters gathered at a fountain on campus, within view of the president’s office, to express their concerns over a proposal to cut up to 50 positions at the school.
The group said cutting the positions would have a detrimental effect on the academic mission of the university and the repercussions would be felt throughout Pueblo and its economy....
Many teachers at the university conduct research aimed at local topics and history professor Fawn-Amber Montoya, who also coordinates the university’s Chicano studies program, said faculty is concerned about that loss and the impact to academic programs....
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic