Major Chinese art collection of late historian set for Oxford museum
Chinese paintings and art considered to form one of the best collections outside China have been bequeathed to the Ashmolean Museum of Oxford University by an art historian, the museum announced on Friday.
The Canadian-born historian and collector Michael Sullivan, who died in October at the age of 96, had amassed the collection with his late Chinese wife Khoan and many of the artists were the couple's close friends, the statement said.
The collection includes works by Qi Baishi, Zhang Daqian and Fu Baoshi, with more recent acquisitions including Landscript by Xu Bing, the museum said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project