Longtime Wake professor Cyclone Covey dies at 91Historians in the News
tags: obituaries, historians
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Yes, Cyclone Covey was his real name, a family moniker passed down through several generations, and it suited him well said his daughter, Julie Miller.
The longtime Wake Forest history professor’s relentless academic pursuits came to an end when he died Nov. 22 at the age of 91. Covey had been in good health, but had recently broken his hip in a fall and was recovering from related surgery.
His passing was truly the only thing that could put an end to her father’s commitment to knowledge and truth, Miller said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Pakistani Historian Mobarak Haidar says Muslims “have no religious basis to rule Jerusalem”
- AHA Announces Last-Minute Sessions Timed to News Events
- In Australia, historians and artists have turned to cartography to record the widespread killing of Indigenous people
- Columbia’s William Connell tells NPR why Italian-Americans embraced Columbus
- Scholar risked everything to tell Islamic State’s secrets