Longtime Wake professor Cyclone Covey dies at 91tags: obituaries, historians
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Yes, Cyclone Covey was his real name, a family moniker passed down through several generations, and it suited him well said his daughter, Julie Miller.
The longtime Wake Forest history professor’s relentless academic pursuits came to an end when he died Nov. 22 at the age of 91. Covey had been in good health, but had recently broken his hip in a fall and was recovering from related surgery.
His passing was truly the only thing that could put an end to her father’s commitment to knowledge and truth, Miller said....
comments powered by Disqus
- West Point historian says if his cadets can understand the history of war, so can Congress
- Australian historian Alan Atkinson wins $100,000 literary prize
- From his perch in Saudi Arabia, Princeton’s Mark Cohen says Jews and Muslims should remember they used to get along
- Duke honors historian John Hope Franklin with year-long series of events
- What New Left History Gave Us