Longtime Wake professor Cyclone Covey dies at 91Historians in the News
tags: obituaries, historians
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Yes, Cyclone Covey was his real name, a family moniker passed down through several generations, and it suited him well said his daughter, Julie Miller.
The longtime Wake Forest history professor’s relentless academic pursuits came to an end when he died Nov. 22 at the age of 91. Covey had been in good health, but had recently broken his hip in a fall and was recovering from related surgery.
His passing was truly the only thing that could put an end to her father’s commitment to knowledge and truth, Miller said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Baton Rouge area Catholic school responds to student's racist essay about Black History Month
- How the ‘guerrilla archivists’ saved history – and are doing it again under Trump
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit