Longtime Wake professor Cyclone Covey dies at 91tags: obituaries, historians
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Yes, Cyclone Covey was his real name, a family moniker passed down through several generations, and it suited him well said his daughter, Julie Miller.
The longtime Wake Forest history professor’s relentless academic pursuits came to an end when he died Nov. 22 at the age of 91. Covey had been in good health, but had recently broken his hip in a fall and was recovering from related surgery.
His passing was truly the only thing that could put an end to her father’s commitment to knowledge and truth, Miller said....
comments powered by Disqus
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history
- Teachers walkout in Colorado over AP history controversy and pay