Longtime Wake professor Cyclone Covey dies at 91tags: obituaries, historians
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Yes, Cyclone Covey was his real name, a family moniker passed down through several generations, and it suited him well said his daughter, Julie Miller.
The longtime Wake Forest history professor’s relentless academic pursuits came to an end when he died Nov. 22 at the age of 91. Covey had been in good health, but had recently broken his hip in a fall and was recovering from related surgery.
His passing was truly the only thing that could put an end to her father’s commitment to knowledge and truth, Miller said....
comments powered by Disqus
- 1,000 + have signed a petition protesting US government plan to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War
- Historian and raconteur Raychauduri dies in UK
- Group is drawing attention to the historic swath between Gettysburg and Monticello
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland