Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90Breaking News
tags: World War II, Band of Brothers
PHILADELPHIA -- Edward J. "Babe" Heffron, whose World War II service as a member of the Army's famed Easy Company was recounted in the book and TV miniseries "Band of Brothers," has died at age 90.
He died Sunday at a hospital in Stratford, N.J., said his daughter, Patricia Zavrel.
Heffron and the rest of his Band of Brothers fought through some of World War II's fiercest European battles. A paratrooper in Company E, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division, Heffron took part in the Battle of the Bulge in Belgium and helped liberate the Kaufering concentration camp in Landsberg, Germany. He received a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart....
comments powered by Disqus
- Supporters Rally Around Accused Russian Historian Of Stalin's Crimes
- Mormon history scholars file court brief over Trump travel ban
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize