Noted Texas historian T.R. Fehrenbach dies at age 88 in San Antoniotags: obituaries, Texas
SAN ANTONIO— The wife of noted Texas historian T.R. Fehrenbach says the former longtime head of the Texas Historical Commission has died. He was 88.
Lillian Fehrenbach said her husband died Sunday of congestive heart failure in San Antonio.
Gov. Rick Perry in 2001 named Fehrenbach commissioner emeritus of the state agency he headed from 1983 to 2001....
comments powered by Disqus
- Holocaust Victims Mocked in Ohio State Band Parody Songbook
- Memphis attempt to drop name of Nathan Bedford Forrest runs into state law
- Overlooked: The 25th anniversary of Captive Nations Week
- In confession to historian, George McGovern revealed he had a secret child
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial