Noted Texas historian T.R. Fehrenbach dies at age 88 in San AntonioHistorians in the News
tags: obituaries, Texas
SAN ANTONIO— The wife of noted Texas historian T.R. Fehrenbach says the former longtime head of the Texas Historical Commission has died. He was 88.
Lillian Fehrenbach said her husband died Sunday of congestive heart failure in San Antonio.
Gov. Rick Perry in 2001 named Fehrenbach commissioner emeritus of the state agency he headed from 1983 to 2001....
comments powered by Disqus
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize