The G.O.P.'s racism tweettags: Republican Party, Race
It took three-and-a-half hours for the Republican National Committee to amend a tweet.
At 9:58 a.m. on Sunday, @GOP tweeted a photo of Rosa Parks with the message: “Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in ending racism.”
At 1:35, @GOP explained “Previous tweet should have read ‘Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in fighting to end racism.’”... [Emphasis added]
comments powered by Disqus
- History will be trailing Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during his visit to the United States.
- Former foes honour Gallipoli's fallen on 100th anniversary
- Website exhibit unveiled for the first gay sit-in
- Climate Change Contributed Towards the Collapse of the Maya
- Armenia debuts website devoted to genocide
- How did common people mourn Lincoln after his passing?
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965