The G.O.P.'s racism tweettags: Republican Party, Race
It took three-and-a-half hours for the Republican National Committee to amend a tweet.
At 9:58 a.m. on Sunday, @GOP tweeted a photo of Rosa Parks with the message: “Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in ending racism.”
At 1:35, @GOP explained “Previous tweet should have read ‘Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in fighting to end racism.’”... [Emphasis added]
comments powered by Disqus
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate
- Origins of sex discovered
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening
- YIVO Vilna Project Will Digitize Jewish History
- Columbia historian Eric Foner is giving his lectures to the public -- and to posterity — through a free MOOC.