The G.O.P.'s racism tweettags: Republican Party, Race
It took three-and-a-half hours for the Republican National Committee to amend a tweet.
At 9:58 a.m. on Sunday, @GOP tweeted a photo of Rosa Parks with the message: “Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in ending racism.”
At 1:35, @GOP explained “Previous tweet should have read ‘Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in fighting to end racism.’”... [Emphasis added]
comments powered by Disqus
- The Forgotten Story of the Men Who Broke the NFL’s Color Barrier
- The Mysterious Case of the 113-Year-Old Light Bulb
- Found: The Oldest Bar In Every State
- John Kerry says the destruction of heritage sites in Iraq and Syria is the worst in his lifetime
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Hugh Trevor-Roper: the spy as historian, the historian as spy
- After Ferguson, some black history grad students wonder: Does Pursuing a Ph.D. Matter?
- Historian David Kaiser rallying alums who say Harvard's paying its endowment traders too much
- Colorado students protest proposed "censorship" of history curriculum
- Director's using Kickstarter to raise money for a film about the Kansas governor who implanted goat testicles in humans