The G.O.P.'s racism tweettags: Republican Party, Race
It took three-and-a-half hours for the Republican National Committee to amend a tweet.
At 9:58 a.m. on Sunday, @GOP tweeted a photo of Rosa Parks with the message: “Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in ending racism.”
At 1:35, @GOP explained “Previous tweet should have read ‘Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in fighting to end racism.’”... [Emphasis added]
comments powered by Disqus
- Dr. Saad Eskander's forced departure from Iraq's National Library and Archives deplored
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing
- Historian Qingjia Edward Wang never thought he would one day write a book about chopsticks.
- Bernard Bailyn’s influence on the profession is hailed in the WSJ