The G.O.P.'s racism tweetBreaking News
tags: Republican Party, Race
It took three-and-a-half hours for the Republican National Committee to amend a tweet.
At 9:58 a.m. on Sunday, @GOP tweeted a photo of Rosa Parks with the message: “Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in ending racism.”
At 1:35, @GOP explained “Previous tweet should have read ‘Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in fighting to end racism.’”... [Emphasis added]
comments powered by Disqus
- Why Putin Isn’t Celebrating the Bolshevik Revolution
- Trump Embraces ‘Enemy of the People,’ a Phrase With a Fraught History
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79