John F Kennedy memorial bears 'wrong date of presidency'Breaking News
tags: Birmingham, JFK, memorials
A John F Kennedy memorial in Birmingham showing the wrong date for the start of his presidency must be changed, a charity has said.
The tribute, unveiled in February in Digbeth, states he was US president in 1960, but his inauguration was in 1961.
Irish In Birmingham said the council had not responded to an application to change the date.
A Birmingham City Council spokesman said the dates included "the period when Kennedy was president-elect".
The £100,000 Italian glass mosaic, which measures 18ft by 40ft (5m by 12m), is a replica of one that was put up near St Chad's Cathedral in the city centre in 1968....
comments powered by Disqus
- High on Hitler and Meth: Book Says Nazis Were Fueled by Drugs
- Guam war reparations bill moves to White House
- South Atlantic Mystery Flash in September 1979 Raised Questions about Nuclear Test
- California Owes Reparations To Victims Of Forced Race & Intellectual-Based Sterilization, Study Finds
- All the times in U.S. history that members of the electoral college voted their own way
- Historians' Debate: Is this The Age of Trump?
- Economists are attacking historians’ recent works on slavery
- Salon suggests Paul Gottfried, "a retired Jewish political historian,” was a founder of the Alt-Right
- National Women's History Museum Receives Grant to Rebuild Website with Advanced Content Capabilities
- UCLA history professor Gabriel Piterberg continues to come under attack after being accused of sexual harassment