'I Take Long Walks': The Emotional Lives of Holocaust Scholarstags: World War II, Holocaust
On Friday afternoon, Wendy Lower, the author of Hitler’s Furies: German Women in the Nazi Killing Fields, participated in an interactive interview with The Atlantic’s Jennie Rothenberg Gritz. Lower had discussed her process of researching and writing Hitler’s Furies, now a National Book Award Finalist, then they turned to the online audience for questions.
An elderly woman popped up onscreen via webcam. “Can you suggest any strategies to take care of the emotions?” she asked in accented English. “Sometimes I manage and sometimes I don’t.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar