FSU prof creates Marathon bombings history siteHistorians in the News
tags: digital history, Boston Marathon bombing
FITCHBURG — Katherine R. Jewell was at the scene of a historical event in Boston this April, the Boston Marathon bombings. She learned and understands now that memories can be distorted, because of emotions and the chaos that ensued.
She is an associate professor of 20th-century American history at Fitchburg State University.
"This was an important moment for me. I am a runner, have done half-marathons, and it's been a big goal for me to run the marathon. A friend of mine was running in the marathon, and my son, who was 3 years old at the time, was just getting interested in what I do, so we went to Natick with a sign to see the elite runners," said Ms. Jewell....
The mapping and storytelling project is online at http://crowdsourcedhistory.wordpress.com/ and seeks input....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges