Dan Rather Rips CBS News Over JFK Snub: "Like The Kremlin"Breaking News
tags: CBS, JFK, JFK assassination, Kennedys, Dan Rather
Dan Rather is continuing his criticism of CBS News for leaving him out of its commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
Rather's first big break came on the day of the assassination; he was a young reporter working for CBS in Dallas who was one of the first to break the news that Kennedy had been killed. That scoop began a legendary career, almost all of it with CBS.
Since then, though, Rather and CBS have fallen out completely, with the veteran newsman suing the network over his messy ouster following the so-called "Rathergate" scandal in 2004. The breach is total enough that, though footage of Rather will be shown in CBS's special coverage of the anniversary, Rather has not been invited back to share his recollections. Instead, the man who spent most of his working life at CBS will be seen looking back on NBC's "Today."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Frantz Fanon and the CIA Man
- What Orwell’s ‘1984’ tells us about today’s world, 70 years after it was published
- ‘Not above the law’: Executive privilege’s contentious history from Washington to Trump
- Civil War-era flag of black regiment to be auctioned; historian says it is last of its kind
- Why No One Can Agree on What George Washington Thought About the Relationship Between Church and State
- Researchers Uncover Ancient Grape DNA That Tells the Prolific History of Wine
- Three Recent Books Examine Frederick Douglass' Legacy
- Biographer Jon Meacham, Tim McGraw explore American history in song
- The 'Counter-Textbooks' Offering Kids a Radical Look at History
- Georgia history professor’s immigration comments cause stir on social media