Dan Rather Rips CBS News Over JFK Snub: "Like The Kremlin"tags: CBS, JFK, JFK assassination, Kennedys, Dan Rather
Dan Rather is continuing his criticism of CBS News for leaving him out of its commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
Rather's first big break came on the day of the assassination; he was a young reporter working for CBS in Dallas who was one of the first to break the news that Kennedy had been killed. That scoop began a legendary career, almost all of it with CBS.
Since then, though, Rather and CBS have fallen out completely, with the veteran newsman suing the network over his messy ouster following the so-called "Rathergate" scandal in 2004. The breach is total enough that, though footage of Rather will be shown in CBS's special coverage of the anniversary, Rather has not been invited back to share his recollections. Instead, the man who spent most of his working life at CBS will be seen looking back on NBC's "Today."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Russian historian slams Putin
- Historians and archivists say the NY Public Library no longer functions as a world-class research library
- WaPo chastised for ignoring Venona Papers in obit for Allen Weinstein
- In gay marriage decision, Supreme Court turns to historians for insight
- Sam Haselby argues religion trumps politics in his new book