Dan Rather Rips CBS News Over JFK Snub: "Like The Kremlin"Breaking News
tags: CBS, JFK, JFK assassination, Kennedys, Dan Rather
Dan Rather is continuing his criticism of CBS News for leaving him out of its commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
Rather's first big break came on the day of the assassination; he was a young reporter working for CBS in Dallas who was one of the first to break the news that Kennedy had been killed. That scoop began a legendary career, almost all of it with CBS.
Since then, though, Rather and CBS have fallen out completely, with the veteran newsman suing the network over his messy ouster following the so-called "Rathergate" scandal in 2004. The breach is total enough that, though footage of Rather will be shown in CBS's special coverage of the anniversary, Rather has not been invited back to share his recollections. Instead, the man who spent most of his working life at CBS will be seen looking back on NBC's "Today."...
comments powered by Disqus
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- A President’s Restless Corpse May Be on the Move Again in Tennessee
- How China and the U.S. might collide — or not
- Major Viking Age Archaeological Find Discovered in Denmark
- The New York Times celebrates biographer Richard Holmes
- Historians are in demand! (On cruise ships)
- Douglas Brinkley says there’s a "smell of treason in the air"
- Mary Maples Dunn, Advocate of Women’s Colleges and President of Smith, Dies at 85
- Gil Troy says Jews and Israelis are the victims of a “Hate Swarm”