Dan Rather Rips CBS News Over JFK Snub: "Like The Kremlin"tags: CBS, JFK, JFK assassination, Kennedys, Dan Rather
Dan Rather is continuing his criticism of CBS News for leaving him out of its commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
Rather's first big break came on the day of the assassination; he was a young reporter working for CBS in Dallas who was one of the first to break the news that Kennedy had been killed. That scoop began a legendary career, almost all of it with CBS.
Since then, though, Rather and CBS have fallen out completely, with the veteran newsman suing the network over his messy ouster following the so-called "Rathergate" scandal in 2004. The breach is total enough that, though footage of Rather will be shown in CBS's special coverage of the anniversary, Rather has not been invited back to share his recollections. Instead, the man who spent most of his working life at CBS will be seen looking back on NBC's "Today."...
comments powered by Disqus
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Gospel of Jesus’ Wife May Be Authentic, New Tests Suggest
- Architect Sought for Obama’s Presidential Library Complex
- 2016 election's leading candidates have strong Jewish family ties
- Ron Radosh plans to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”
- Medievalist calls on historians to welcome pop culture