Watergate Leak Was Mark Felt’s Attempt to Climb Up Career Ladder, Expert SaysHistorians in the News
tags: Watergate, Mark Felt
Deep Throat may have just really wanted a promotion. Rather than wanting to air wrong-doing from an ethical, do-gooding, “the world needs to know!” stance, as has been the popular belief, Mark Felt’s role as an informant to Bob Woodward may have been instigated by much more self-serving motives. This according to author and “Watergate expert” Max Holland, who has a book coming out on this very topic (Leak: Why Felt Became Deep Throat)....
comments powered by Disqus
- A Trump book riddled with falsehoods will no longer be sold by the National History Museum
- 'America First,' a phrase with a loaded anti-Semitic and isolationist history
- These presidents all said they were going to change America. How’d that work out?
- Presidents Have Less Power Over the Economy Than You Might Think
- Harry Middleton, who led LBJ library and released presidential tapes, dies at 95