UD's Peter Kolchin to lead Southern Historical AssociationHistorians in the News
tags: Peter Kolchin, Southern Historical Association
9:13 a.m., Nov. 8, 2013--Peter Kolchin, the Henry Clay Reed Professor of History at the University of Delaware, has begun serving as president of the Southern Historical Association (SHA), the premier professional association for historians of the U.S. South.
Kolchin, who had been SHA vice president, assumed his new post at the association's annual meeting Nov. 2 in St. Louis....
comments powered by Disqus
- In America, there was a time when even 'Thanksgiving' was a fightin' word
- Was Walt Whitman 'gay'?
- Victims of Canada’s ‘Gay Purge’ to Get Apology from Trudeau
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race