The History Channel Set to Remake 'Roots'Breaking News
tags: slavery, History channel, Roots
The History Channel is set to remake one of the biggest and most successful miniseries ever, Roots, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The cable network has acquired the rights to both the original miniseries as well as the book, Roots: the Saga of an American Family, from Alex Haley's estate. Mark Wolper, son of the original executive producer David L. Wolper, is set to execute the remake and has already started the search for a writer for the project, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
comments powered by Disqus
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- Rare Documents Show a Palm Reader's Take on Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt
- A Photo of Billy the Kid Bought for $10 at a Flea Market May Be Worth Millions
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction
- Gar Alperovitz is still pushing to make America more democratic
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”