Church columns restored at ancient HierapolisBreaking News
tags: Christianity, Hierapolis
The ruined columns of a church in Denizli’s ancient city of Hierapolis have been rebuilt by an excavation team that has been leading a dig at the site for a number of years.
The St. Philippus Church is home to the grave of Philip, one of the apostles of Jesus Christ. Works have continued this year in the church’s necropolis area, bath and basilica.
The head of the excavation team, Professor Francesco D’Andria, said they had found a second church and a Roman grave during excavations in 2011....
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled