Church columns restored at ancient Hierapolistags: Christianity, Hierapolis
The ruined columns of a church in Denizli’s ancient city of Hierapolis have been rebuilt by an excavation team that has been leading a dig at the site for a number of years.
The St. Philippus Church is home to the grave of Philip, one of the apostles of Jesus Christ. Works have continued this year in the church’s necropolis area, bath and basilica.
The head of the excavation team, Professor Francesco D’Andria, said they had found a second church and a Roman grave during excavations in 2011....
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic