Email scammers targeting historians, AHA warnsHistorians in the News
tags: American Historical Association, emails, scams
The American Historical Association is warning members about a new email scam offering a pay-for-play chance to publish a scholarly paper.
The typical scam email, the AHA notes, "contains grammatical errors and unprofessional language" and is sent on behalf of non-existent journals.
If you receive an unsolicited email from an "academic" journal, please, due diligence. Google the name of the journal to verify it is real, and never, ever pay to have a paper placed in a journal.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians plead with Trump not to block the release of final stash of JFK assassination documents
- Historian and Novelist Thomas Fleming Has Passed Away at Age 90
- Steven Salaita, Whose Revoked Job Offer Inflamed Higher Ed, Says He’s Leaving Academe
- When did higher education become partisan?
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship