Email scammers targeting historians, AHA warnstags: American Historical Association, emails, scams
The American Historical Association is warning members about a new email scam offering a pay-for-play chance to publish a scholarly paper.
The typical scam email, the AHA notes, "contains grammatical errors and unprofessional language" and is sent on behalf of non-existent journals.
If you receive an unsolicited email from an "academic" journal, please, due diligence. Google the name of the journal to verify it is real, and never, ever pay to have a paper placed in a journal.
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences