Navy veteran remembers deadly Beirut bombing of 1983Breaking News
tags: Beirut bombing
SOLON, Ohio – Thirty years ago on Oct. 23, Navy Lt. Greg Rosenberg was lying on his bunk when the little corner of Beirut, Lebanon, where he was sleeping exploded with a massive roar.
A suicide bomber had just driven a truck laden with explosives into barracks housing U.S. Marines of a multinational peacekeeping force.
The four-story building collapsed, killing 220 Marines, 18 sailors and three soldiers, wounding another 128 American servicemen....
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester