Radiant 180 29 2 A tragic tale of romance gone radioactive.Breaking News
tags: World War II, Radium Girls
Welcome to the second installment of 12 Panel Pitch, where we take an idea for a Hollywood feature film and boil it down to 12 visual beats. This week’s comic, a historical drama based on the Radium Girls, is by novelist Tom DeHaven and cartoonist Melanie Gillman. I’m surprised this story hasn’t already been made into a movie. If Hollywood does ever make it, I doubt they’ll cast Tom’s heroine in the same way Melanie did. That role, according to the rules of the commercial feature film (and, by now, our own internalized expectations), goes to a more svelte actor...
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"