Radiant 180 29 2 A tragic tale of romance gone radioactive.Breaking News
tags: World War II, Radium Girls
Welcome to the second installment of 12 Panel Pitch, where we take an idea for a Hollywood feature film and boil it down to 12 visual beats. This week’s comic, a historical drama based on the Radium Girls, is by novelist Tom DeHaven and cartoonist Melanie Gillman. I’m surprised this story hasn’t already been made into a movie. If Hollywood does ever make it, I doubt they’ll cast Tom’s heroine in the same way Melanie did. That role, according to the rules of the commercial feature film (and, by now, our own internalized expectations), goes to a more svelte actor...
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”