World famous pitch drop experiment opens history booksBreaking News
tags: Science, experiments
The University of Queensland is offering people around the world the chance to add their name to the world's longest running laboratory experiment, the Pitch Drop.
The experiment was established in 1927 to demonstrate the high viscosity of pitch, which looks like a solid but behaves like a fluid over an extended timeframe.
The Pitch Drop Experiment is basically a lump of pitch in a glass funnel.
Eight drops of pitch have fallen in 86 years, but no-one has ever seen one fall.
A new website, theninthwatch.com, will log watchers from all time zones to record who is logged in when the ninth Pitch Drop falls....
comments powered by Disqus
- Princeton's Kevin Kruse takes to Twitter to prove that the Senate has indeed filibustered SCOTUS nominees
- The Lawyer vs. the Historian
- Roger Wilkins, civil rights champion in government and journalism, dies at 85
- Ken Burns making documentary on Muhammad Ali
- Rick Perlstein is asked if Trump’s like Nixon